I know you.
No I don’t. Once, we were one, together, and nothing was secret. You could tell me anything and I, you. Now, I’m not so sure. I don’t think you trust me as much now that you are older. I don’t think you know me as well. There’s so much distance between us. Miles, months, and so much more. So much distance and a brick wall put up somewhere back there.
You built it so strong, so long, so much effort. Broken down once, built up again countless times. I’ve run out of fingers to even think of counting now. You never explained why, but it was the silence that told me the most. More than you ever said anyway.
I never believed it had escaped us. I don’t recall what had been said back then. After all, we were too young to know. But now it has all have caught up with us, time helped you build that wall. Still, I must have helped too.
My pain is buried somewhere in my graveyard of thoughts. Buried with so many memories and thoughts that it might have blended in with the others. I know it has the largest headstone though. Can’t you see it?

No comments:
Post a Comment